
Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif said on Wednesday that several countries are holding discussions with Pakistan to acquire its fighter aircraft, citing increased international interest following the performance of Pakistani jets during the May 2025 military confrontation with India.
Addressing a meeting of the federal cabinet, the prime minister stated that demand for Pakistan’s fighter jets had risen significantly after last year’s conflict, adding that multiple countries were actively engaging with Islamabad regarding potential acquisitions.
Separately, Minister for Defence Production Raza Hayat Haraj confirmed in an interview with BBC that Pakistan was in talks with a number of states over possible exports of the JF-17 Thunder, a multi-role combat aircraft jointly developed by Pakistan and China.
The minister said discussions were underway with several countries, noting that any export agreement would require approval from China due to its role in the aircraft’s development. “These negotiations take time, and interest from various countries is evident,” he said.
According to a report by Reuters, official sources have indicated that Pakistan has held defence-related discussions with countries including Libya, Sudan, Bangladesh, Indonesia, and Saudi Arabia, with a focus on the potential sale of JF-17 jets.
However, Haraj declined to confirm the names of any prospective buyers, stating that details of the negotiations were classified and could not be disclosed publicly.
Russian Defence Ministry Releases Footage Of Nuclear Exercise The Russian Defense Ministry has released footage…
Pakistan Bait-ul-Mal's Managing Director, Shaheen Butt, met with Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif on Wednesday. The…
Deputy Prime Minister Gan Kim Yong announced on Wednesday that Singapore's banks and financial firms…
Lithuania's capital airport suspended flights on Wednesday due to a drone warning issued by the…
Federal Government Announces Public Holidays for Eidul Azha 2026 The federal government has announced three…
The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa government has decided to outsource around 2,000 primary schools across the province.…
This website uses cookies.