
Four Italian divers’ remains repatriated after cave dive in Maldives.
Five Italian divers went missing on May 14 while exploring a cave near Vaavu Atoll, about 160 feet underwater. Their diving instructor’s body was recovered earlier and returned home.
A high-risk operation to recover the bodies was suspended when Mohamed Mahudhee, a local military diver, died. Three Finnish expert divers joined the mission last week and found the four bodies in the cave’s innermost chamber at around 200 feet depth.
Maldives President’s Spokesman Mohamed Hussain Shareef said two investigations were initiated into the deaths of the five divers and how Mahudhee died on duty. Italy agreed to share autopsy findings if requested.
The victims identified as Monica Montefalcone, Giorgia Sommacal, Federico Gualtieri, Muriel Oddenino, and Gianluca Benedetti.
Government spokesperson Ahmed Shaam said the four bodies were found together in a dead-end chamber. Dan Europe CEO reported they may have gotten lost due to limited air supply and short bottom time.
Iran Intensifies Rhetoric Against Trump, Demands Recognition Iran has escalated its rhetoric against Donald Trump,…
Gold prices in Pakistan have dropped significantly. According to recent market figures released on Saturday,…
Reddit shares fell up to 6% on Friday after Meta announced a new standalone app…
Punjab Chief Minister Maryam Nawaz has approved a Rs50,000 fine for dumping animal waste and…
British High Commissioner Jane Marriott affirmed that economic ties between Pakistan and the UK are…
Meta's recent decision to lay off 8,000 employees (10% of its workforce) and reassign another…
This website uses cookies.