
WEB DESK: In an extraordinary courtroom breakdown, US Justice Department (DOJ) lawyer Julie Le was removed from her assignment in Minnesota after openly criticizing the immigration system and its administration’s failure to comply with court orders.
According to Reuters, Le—a DHS attorney detailed to the US Attorney’s Office—made the comments during a heated hearing before US District Judge Jerry Blackwell in St. Paul on Tuesday. The hearing addressed repeated non-compliance with court directives by the administration in various cases, including those related to “Operation Metro Surge,” a major immigration enforcement operation under the Trump administration.
Le reportedly stated that she had “stupidly” volunteered for the assignment on January 5 to manage hundreds of lawsuits challenging detentions. She told the judge, “What do you want me to do? The system sucks. This job sucks.”
In response, a Justice Department spokesperson defended the administration’s adherence to federal immigration law and blamed high caseloads on “rogue judges.” Following Le’s outburst, a source confirmed that her assignment in Minnesota had been cut short by the DOJ.
Le, who noted she is of color, expressed personal concern over the cases she was handling. She said, “My family’s at risk as any other people that might get picked up too, so I share the same concern and took it to heart.” Judge Blackwell acknowledged some of the strain on the system but also criticized Le’s lack of compliance with orders.
The incident highlights growing internal strains within the US Attorney’s Office in Minnesota. Earlier this month, six prosecutors resigned in protest over the administration’s handling of an investigation into a fatal shooting by an immigration agent.
Pakistan Stock Exchange (PSX) saw strong bullish activity on Thursday. The KSE-100 Index climbed over…
SpaceX filed its S-1 with the Securities Exchange Commission on Wednesday, opening doors for a…
President Asif Ali Zardari approves SEZs Amendment Bill 2026 President Asif Ali Zardari approved the…
Princess Eugenie's new baby has sparked mixed reactions among the Royal Family. While King Charles…
Punjab Government Implements Security Measures at Air Bases On Thursday, the Punjab government imposed Section…
Radio Caroline issued an apology after mistakenly broadcasting an announcement claiming King Charles III had…
This website uses cookies.