-Advertisement-

Activists Demand Entry Ban for Israeli Arms Makers at Ottawa Defence Expo

- Advertisement -

Human rights advocates in Canada are urging authorities to prevent representatives from two major Israeli weapons manufacturers from attending a defense exhibition in Ottawa next week.

The International Centre of Justice for Palestinians Canada filed a legal complaint with the Canada Border Services Agency, seeking to deny entry to Elbit Systems and Israel Aerospace Industries ahead of the CANSEC arms fair on May 27 and 28. The organization stated that these companies have supplied military technology and weapons allegedly used by Israeli forces in Gaza.

- Advertisement -

“Elbit Systems and Israel Aerospace Industries are among the principal defense contractors supplying military technologies, drones, weapons systems, and surveillance equipment used by Israeli forces during attacks in Gaza,” ICJP Canada said in a statement. “Permitting representatives of these companies to attend Canada’s largest arms and defence exhibition risks undermining Canada’s obligations under domestic and international law.”

Last year, Amnesty International identified the two firms among companies allegedly contributing to Israel’s unlawful occupation, genocide, or other crimes under international law.

The CANSEC event, held annually in Ottawa, is one of the largest defense and security trade shows in North America. Canadian authorities have not yet publicly responded to the complaint.

- Advertisement -

Stay updated with the latest and breaking news directly on your mobile phone by joining Headline PK's WhatsApp group!

 

 

Latest stories

-Advertisement-

Highlights of the Week
Related

Pakistan’s Air Chief Visits Turkey to Boost Defence and Aerospace Ties

Pakistan Air Force Chief Marshal Sidhu's visit to Turkey...

Tom Cruise, Pamela Anderson Rumored to Be Dating After NYC Hotel Spotting

Tom Cruise and Pamela Anderson are reportedly dating following...

Five Italians Killed in Maldives Cave Incident May Have Taken Wrong Tunnel, Says Recovery Firm CEO

Italian Divers Killed in Maldives CaveFinnish divers working for...
-Advertisement-