Friday, April 19, 2024

Pakistan Manufactured Over 2.2 Million Mobile Phones in January 2024

Pakistan’s local manufacturing and assembling plants have achieved a remarkable milestone by producing over 2.2 million mobile phones in the opening month of 2024. This surge in local production is a substantial increase compared to the 0.24 million units imported commercially during the same period.

Among the 2.27 million mobile handsets assembled domestically, there were 0.72 million 2G devices and 1.55 million smartphones, showcasing a diverse range of products catering to various consumer needs.

- Advertisement -

According to data from the Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA), smartphones constitute 60 percent of the mobile devices on the Pakistani network, with the remaining 40 percent being 2G phones. This underscores the growing demand for advanced mobile technologies within the country.

However, it’s worth noting that local manufacturing and assembly faced a minor setback in the preceding year, with a marginal decline of around four percent in 2023. This decline was primarily attributed to challenges in imports, particularly related to the restriction on opening letters of credit (LCs) for mobile phone accessories.

Despite this temporary setback, the robust performance in January 2024 signals a promising trajectory for Pakistan’s domestic mobile industry.

Stay updated with the latest and breaking news directly on your mobile phone by joining Headline PK's WhatsApp group!

For the most recent updates, don't forget to follow us on Twitter @Headline_pk. You can also find us on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.

 

 

Izaan Zubair
Izaan Zubair
With a passion and curiosity for technology, Izaan is a seasoned writer with four years of experience. His expertise lies in translating complex tech updates into engaging stories. Beyond technology, Izaan keeps a finger on the pulse of worldly news, crafting exclusive narratives that inform and inspire his readers.

Latest stories

-Advertisement-

Highlights of the Week
Related

CM Sindh Directs Preparations for Heavy Rains, Urges Public Caution

Chief Minister of Sindh, Murad Ali Shah, has issued...

Eid ul Adha Likely on June 18 in Pakistan

Weather analysts predict that Pakistan is likely to celebrate...

PHC Orders KP Assembly Session within Fortnight

The Peshawar High Court (PHC) has issued a directive...

Mobilink Bank registers a solid start to the year by doubling its revenue in Q1 2024

Pakistan's leading digital microfinance institution, Mobilink Bank, has reported...
-Advertisement-