Advertisement
Categories: NewsWorld

Trump says many countries will send warships to Hormuz Strait

Advertisement

US President Donald Trump announced on Saturday that many countries would send warships to ensure the Strait of Hormuz remained open, emphasizing this move was in conjunction with the United States. He wrote on Truth Social, “Many countries, especially those affected by Iran’s attempted closure of the Hormuz Strait, will be sending warships to keep the Strait open and safe.” Trump specifically mentioned China, France, Japan, South Korea, Britain, and others should send ships.

“Meanwhile,” he continued in his post, “the United States will be bombing the hell out of the shoreline, and continually shooting Iranian boats and ships out of the water.”

Despite not providing specific details on which countries would join the effort, Trump’s statement drew attention to a tense situation. Iran’s new supreme leader, Ayatollah Mojtaba Khamenei, had earlier made his stance clear, vowing to keep the Strait closed in an attempt to exert pressure on Washington.

“The lever of blocking the Strait of Hormuz must definitely be used,” Khamanei said during his first public remarks.

The White House did not immediately respond to inquiries about whether any countries had agreed to send warships. This news comes against a backdrop of escalating tensions between Iran and the United States, with Trump’s aggressive rhetoric complementing Tehran’s defiant stance over the waterway vital for global oil shipments.

Advertisement
News Desk

Recent Posts

Paul Rudd Commends Nick Jonas’ Acting in Power Ballad

Paul Rudd Discusses Nick Jonas' Acting in Upcoming Movie In an exclusive interview with People…

2 hours ago

Netflix Drops MJ Docuseries as Biopic Runs in Theatres

A new docuseries on Netflix titled 'Michael Jackson: The Verdict' is set to release on…

3 hours ago

U.K. Spy Plane Dangerously Intercepted by Russian Jets Over Black Sea, Says Defense Ministry

Russian Jets Intercept British Surveillance Aircraft Two Russian jets repeatedly and dangerously intercepted a British…

4 hours ago

‘The Boys’ Creator Defends Series Amid Backlash: ‘No Show Is Perfect’

The hit series "The Boys" has had a long-standing reputation for critical acclaim and pop…

4 hours ago

China Confirms Purchase of 200 Boeing Jets from US

China's Ministry of Commerce announced on Wednesday that airlines in China will purchase 200 aircraft…

4 hours ago

U.S. Indicts Raúl Castro & 5 Others in Florida Grand Jury

Former Cuban leader Raúl Castro indicted by US grand jury in Florida A U.S. grand…

5 hours ago