Wednesday, June 19, 2024

Sindh Govt to Offer Free Power to Low-Usage Homes

Provincial Minister Nasir Hussain Shah announced on Thursday that a comprehensive plan has been prepared to provide free electricity to consumers using up to 100 units.

Speaking to the media, Sindh’s Energy Minister detailed that the government aims to supply 100 free power units to eligible consumers through solar parks and mini grid stations. "The Government of Sindh has allocated a substantial budget for solar energy and mini grid development," Shah stated.

- Advertisement -

"An initial allocation of five billion rupees has been made for solar energy projects." The minister also revealed plans to offer solar panels at highly subsidized rates. "We will provide two lakh solar panels to poor and middle-class families, covering 80 percent of the cost, with consumers contributing the remaining 20 percent," he explained.

Highlighting the current energy challenges, Shah noted, "There are five lakh houses in Sindh without power supply." He added that solar parks and mini grid stations will be established in Karachi and other parts of Sindh to address this issue.

Stay updated with the latest and breaking news directly on your mobile phone by joining Headline PK's WhatsApp group!

For the most recent updates, don't forget to follow us on Twitter @Headline_pk. You can also find us on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.

 

 

Zubair Yaqoob
Zubair Yaqoob
Zubair Yaqoob is a senior anchor, and an investigative journalist with an impressive 37 years of experience. Zubair's journalistic journey has been marked by a relentless pursuit of truth and a commitment to delivering impactful stories.Zubair's expertise extends beyond borders, reaching as far as Malaysia, where he has left an indelible mark on the international journalism landscape. His global perspective and keen analytical skills have allowed him to navigate diverse cultural landscapes, bringing a unique and enriching perspective to his reporting.Whether he's in the studio or on the field, Zubair continues to be a driving force in the world of journalism, bridging gaps, fostering understanding, and unraveling the stories that matter most. As the Headline PK Author, Zubair remains at the forefront of news, guiding audiences through the complexities of our ever-evolving world.
0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Latest stories

-Advertisement-

Highlights of the Week
Related

Truck Loaded with Goats Robbed Near Kamran Chowrangi in Karachi

A truck loaded with goats was robbed near Kamran...

FPCCI Criticizes Increased FBR Powers, Warns of Business Impact

The Federation of Pakistan Chambers of Commerce and Industry...

KW&SC, Rangers crack down on water theft racket

Joint operation conducted by the Karachi Water and Sewerage...

Sindh Government Launches ‘Floating Solar Power’ Project at Keenjhar Lake

In a move to provide relief to electricity consumers,...
-Advertisement-